Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Escapism


Empty handed apologies reaching towards me
where I have learned to love & see
for every grief is a returned joy,
a part of myself longing to not be destroyed
and the past is unwelcome
as my ego withers in the dry sun,
passed by the passing fly's hum,
decayed in a way that fades to none.

Dark repetitions of squalor numbers,
possible death threats of inevitable afflictions
from rushing neurotic compulsive waking slumbers
followed by addictive deceptions from my restrictions.
A haunting to pass the time
when you've run out of cellar wine
to swallow inside your empty brain,
too plain to pay for a black and white fame.

Lips like cherries hung between two peace fingers
dripping forgetfulness as the outside lingers
warm grassy dew-dreams in shallow creeks
lost by hill peaks among the hazy weeks
taken in stills and photographic memory,
nude and unasked, but existing,
rough like files of emery,
but twisting in her insisting,
broken, but whole and ratified,
continuously born and dead and satisfied,
smiling like a faithful street;
If you're all that I need then why can't I sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment